With so many picturesque and breath-taking games reserves to make an option for, choosing the topmost once-in-a-lifetime African game reserves can be an uphill task for the travellers like you. The place boasts of deserts to forests to coast and mountains. And each of these landscapes is the home of varied wild animals and birds. The wildlife reserves of Africa will spoil you for choice. Almost all the game spotting activities are undertaken in 4x4 vehicles and you will lead by expert rangers, while some can be done by walking, of course, guided by rangers again. Some activities can be spotted from a hot-air balloon, aircraft safaris, and boat excursions.
Best game reserves in Africa feature the Big 5 that can be found in many reserves and parks. In their natural habitat, it is special and wonderful to watch. If you are wondering what these Big 5 are? Then allow us to perk up your interest a notch up lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant, and rhinoceros. These majestic creatures share their habitat with other equally impressive animals such as cheetah, giraffe, hippopotamus, ostrich, and many more.
Indulge yourself inan unforgettable experience with these best game reserves in Africa.
- Kapama Game Reserve, Limpopo Province- The unspoiled bush gives the visitors a chance to watch these majestic animals in their natural habitat.
- Sabi Sands Game Reserve, Kruger- One of the most prestigious, with an exclusive private game reserve, Sabi Sands is a veritable wildlife oasis. The Big 5 can be sighted frequently and are quite a sight to watch.
- Mala Mala Game Reserve, Kruger- Offering you one of the most exclusive wildlife experiences, this reserve takes you on a 4x4 vehicle with an experienced guide. These knowledgeable and expert guides can take you off-road to learn about animal behavior and the way they integrate into their habitat.
- Shamwari Game Reserve, the Eastern Cape- Experience the Big 5 moving around in and around the region’s wooded and hilly terrain.
- Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Game Reserve, Zululand- One of the oldest game reserves in Africa and is known for saving successfully the white rhino from extinction. Bushwalks accompanied by armed rangers acting as guides can last for three to five days. There is also the facility of safari rides too.
These are just a few of the best game reserves in Africa, that are one of the most sought-after adventures for many travelers that promises endless adventure and fun, creating memories.