One of the easiest ways to bring warmth to a home is to use area rugs. The best part about rugs is that you can use them on bare floors as well as floors that are covered with wall to wall carpeting. Bare floors can look plain and uninspired and the way to really rev them up is to use area rugs. Here are 5 good reasons to use rugs on bare floors and why:
1. They Break up Barren Area: A large floor area with no rug, table or furniture looks barren and cold. This is very uninviting but can easily be remedied by the use of area rugs. Area rugs can be one large rug or several smaller rugs of similar colors or styles, depending on the area that needs to be covered. If you want to break up a large area of space and make it less barren, use rugs.
2. They Add Color to any Room: Area rugs are the best way to add color to a room without going out on a limb and doing anything permanent to your home. Instead of painting, wallpapering or adding color wall to wall carpeting, you can incorporate color into your room using rugs. Tastes change when it comes to color, which is why many people choose neutral colors for carpeting, floors and walls. Still, a hint of color in a room adds depth and is desirable. There is no easier way to get that color than by adding rugs to your interior design.
3. They add Warmth to a Room: Area rugs are warm and give a room a warm feeling. If you have a room that is filled with all tile or wood, it can look cold. While tile and tesoro wood floors are decorative and are very much in vogue when it comes to home decorating, they do not make the room look warm. Adding rugs to the room can give them the warmth that they need. The rugs will not only look decorative, but will make any room look warmer, even if there is already wall to wall carpeting in the room.
4. They Add Style to a Room: Area rugs add style to any room. If you want to incorporate a sense of style to your room without permanently altering the room, you can use rugs. Whether you have contemporary or traditional décor in your home, you can add to it by using area rugs in your rooms. If you enjoy artistic style in your home, you can use several rugs for your home.
5. They are Useful: Not only are area rugs colorful and stylish for your home, not only do they add warmth to the home, but they are useful as well. When you put them under a table or under furniture, they can protect the floor or carpet from dents due to the furniture. They can also be used to protect traffic areas. You can use rugs in virtually every area of your home for functional use.